The first rule of this article is you talk about this article. We decided to honor one of the best movies ever made with some awesome trivia facts we found and cool things that we are sure you didn’t know about Fight Club!
Check it out!
1.After the standard copyright warning on the DVD, another warning appears on screen for just a second. This second warning is from Tyler Durden (Brad Pitt):
2.David Fincher claimed in an interview that there is a Starbucks coffee cup in every scene, other than the one in which a coffee shop is destroyed.
3. In the scene where Tyler is giving an inspirational speech to the Fight Club members, he says “We’ve all been raised on television to believe that one day we’d all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars.” Right as he says “rock star,” he looks specifically at Jared Leto‘s character.
Jared Leto formed the band ’30 Seconds to Mars’ in 1998.
4. Brad Pitt says he didn’t want his parents to see the movie, but he couldn’t convince them not to watch.
They changed their minds after watching the chemical burn scene.
5.In the short scene when Brad Pitt and Edward Norton are drunk and hitting golf balls, they really are drunk, and the golf balls are sailing directly into the side of the catering truck.
6. The original “pillow talk”-scene had Marla saying “I want to have your abortion”.
When this was objected to by Fox 2000 Pictures President of Production Laura Ziskin, David Fincher said he would change it on the proviso that the new line couldn’t be cut. Ziskin agreed and Fincher wrote the replacement line, “I haven’t been f****d like that since grade school”. When Ziskin saw the new line, she was even more outraged and asked for the original line to be put back, but, as per their deal, Fincher refused.
7. Brad Pitt actually went to a dentist to have his front tooth chipped for the role.
8. Edward Norton and Brad Pitt actually took basic lessons in boxing, taekwondo, and grappling, and also studied hours of UFC programming.
9. In the scene where The Narrator is sitting on a toilet, with his pants down while reading an Ikea catalog, Edward Norton is actually completely nude from the waist down.
Norton talks about it on the DVD commentary to which David Fincher says “really?” Norton then says: “Did you notice I never had to go to the bathroom that day?
10. Helena Bonham Carter insisted that her makeup artist do all her makeup left-handed, because she thought the character of Marla wouldn’t care about, or be good at, that kind of thing.
11. During the scene, when a Fight Club member sprays a priest, the camera slightly shakes because the cameraman couldn’t keep from laughing.
12. Tyler Durden (Brad Pitt) was originally going to recite a workable recipe for home-made explosives (as he does in the novel). But in the interest of public safety, the filmmakers decided to substitute fictional recipes for the real ones.
13.When the narrator is sitting at work writing haikus, the names on the document on his screen are of the film’s production assistants and crew members.
14. Brad Pitt and Helena Bonham Carter spent three days recording orgasmic sounds for their unseen sex scenes.